Best and Worst Health Insurers of 2012
The New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS) has released their annual rankings for the best and worst health insurance carriers in New York state.
The data was complied by The NYSDFS based on: Total Complaints – Upheld Complaints – Complaint Ratios and Premiums. The rankings are as follows from best to worst;
- Independent Health Association
- Community Blue (Healthnow)
- MVP Health Plan, Inc.
- Excellus Health Plan
- Oxford Health Plan (NY)
- Empire HealthChoice HMO, Inc.
- United Healthcare of NY, Inc.
- HIP HMO
- Aetna Health Inc.And coming in Last at # 11 is Atlantis Health Plan which has recently changed their name to EasyChoice of NY.