HealthplansNY.com helps small business owners take control of the spiraling cost of group health insurance and supplemental group benefits.
We provide you with everything you need to find affordable group health insurance coverage for your small business. You can get a free NY health insurance quote in less than 1 minute. To get started, just go to our free quote engine and provide simple census information about your company.
Group health insurance is a company sponsored insurance plan for small business owners and their employees. In New York, a small business is defined as having 2 to 100 employees.
Group health plans are one of the many benefits that can be offered by an employer and one of the most requested benefits by employees.
A company with less than 30 employees is not required to offer health insurance to their employees but many do because health insurance is a valued benefit used to attract and retain quality workers.
The Federal Government now regulates company sponsored health plans since the implementation of The Affordable Care Act in 2010. Companies with more than 50 employees are required to offer affordable health care coverage to all employees or face a penalty.
Under The Affordable Care Act (ACA) companies are required to offer health plans that meet certain criteria. This criteria is now represented by the “metal” plan levels such as; Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze.
All health plans are designed to provide the same level of coverage to all employees. The tiers are based on the percentage the plan pays for health care expenses while providing the required Essential Health Benefits (EHB) to members:
Platinum Plans: provide the highest amount of coverage (90%) with the least out of pocket expenses to the employee. These plans are also the most expensive
Gold Plans: Pay 80% of medical expenses
Silver Plans: Pay 70% of medical expenses
Bronze Plans: are high deductible plans and pay 60% of medical expenses.
All Health Plans Must Include these Essential Health Benefits (EHB):
1. Outpatient Care: Care you receive without being admitted to a hospital
2. Ambulatory Care: Transportation to the emergency room or urgent care
3. Hospitalization: Treatment in the hospital for inpatient care
4. Maternity Care: Care received before and after pregnancy
5. Mental Health and Substance Abuse: This includes behavioral treatment, counseling, and psychotherapy
6. Prescription Drugs: Medications that are prescribed by a doctor to treat an illness or condition.
7. Rehabilitative Devices: Services and devices to help you recover from injuries, disabilities or a chronic condition. This includes physical and occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychiatric rehabilitation, and more
8. Laboratory Services: Tests provided to help a doctor diagnose an injury, illness.
9. Preventive Services: Includes counseling, screenings, and vaccines to keep you healthy and care for managing a chronic disease
10. Pediatric Services: This includes dental care and vision care for children
Under the rules of The Affordable Care Act (ACA), an employer cannot reimburse their employees for individual health insurance or private insurance under section 4980D of the Internal Revenue Code.
This type of arrangement fails to meet the market reforms and may subject the employer to a $100 per day penalty – also called an excise tax deemed by The Supreme Court – per employee up to a maximum penalty of $36,500 per year. per employee)
At Healthplansny we believe that when business owners can compare health insurance quotes on their own terms, they win. If this approach seems new to you where you can actually see our online quotes it’s because we‘re not your typical health broker.
We work with the best New York health insurance companies such as: Aetna, CareConnect, Emblem Health, Empire Blue Cross, Oxford and more. So our advice is unbiased and we are beholden to no one company but you, our client.
If you’ve ever gone shopping for other types of insurance, you know what a challenge it can be. Finding the right health Insurance plan is no different. From the time it takes you to find a competent agent or broker and request quotes, to the daunting task of evaluating a real apples-to-apples comparison, it’s no wonder so many business owners get frustrated and let the insurance companies and the brokers hold all of the cards.
With over four decades of combined experience working with all of the major insurance companies, we put business owners in the driver’s seat to buy a company policy on their terms and their budget. Most business owners enjoy the transparency and the peace of mind of an affordable group health insurance policy that’s aligned with their needs and the needs of their employees.
We offer group health insurance and more for your small business or even insurance planning for your personal needs. Just scroll down below to choose an insurance plan that you are looking for.